Emergency 911 . . Non Emergency 656-2131 . . Crimestoppers 656-4357
It is the mission of the Philadelphia Police Department to safeguard the lives
and property of the people we serve, to reduce the incidence and fear of crime,
and to enhance public safety while working with the community to improve
its quality of life.
Our mandate is to do so with honor and integrity, while at all times
conducting ourselves with the highest ethical standards to maintain public confidence.
Chief Richard L. Sistrunk email
Asst. Chief of Police: Julian Greer.
Accreditation & Training: LT Dan Refre
Warrant Division: CPT Cliff Moore
Criminal Investigation Division: Chief Investigator Ferdesz Moore
Narcotics Division: SSG Danny Carter
Dispatch Administration: Elsie Kirksey
PPD non-emergency contact number: 601-656-2131
Awards and Achievements
1. Accredited Agency with the Mississippi Law Enforcement Accreditation Commission.
The Philadelphia Police Department is the 8th agency to be accredited in the State of Mississippi.
2. The Philadelphia Police Department is the first agency to be 100% ICS (Incident Command System)
compliant by having all of its officers ICS trained.
3. The Philadelphia Police Department is the first agency to have all of its
officers ALERRT (Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training) trained.
4. The Philadelphia Police Department has been recognized as a “Full-time
Training Department” as all of its officers meet and exceed the required
minimum standards training hours as set forth by the State Board of Minimum
5. The Philadelphia Police Department’s DUI Officer has been recognized by
the Office of Highway Safety (100 Club) for DUI arrest in the years 2008
Philadelphia Police Department
523 Main Street
Philadelphia, MS 39350